Wednesday 13 April 2016

evaluation question 3 draft

What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?

As my media product is a music magazine, there is a large audience for this and many companies would be suitable to distribute it. Suitable companies to distribute my magazine are; ICP Media, also known as Time inc.UK, BAUER Media Group and Music Republic LTD. These are responsible for the distribution of big name magazines such as; Kerrang, NME,Q magazine and clash magazine. The reason they would be good to distribute my magazine is because they are all similar genres to my music magazine and are big name companies and the current magazines (Kerrang, Q, NME) probably wouldn't be where they are today without them.  ICP Media has published a lot of magazines which has led them to selling over 350 million copies a year. The Bauer media manages a portfolio of more than 600 magazines, therefore would largely benefit my product. Bauer media group founded Kiss FM and have connections with YouTube, Twitter, Facebook and Tumblr which means that my magazine can be spread across the globe to a larger audience. Due to Bauer media's connections being with popular sites and events, my target audience can be reached because of the age group, being between 16 and 30 and type of people that they are: being interested in up and coming artists and going to live concerts on a regular basis. This then could benefit my magazine. Bauer media having the reputation it has would be able to promote my magazine at its live events, on its social media sites, on its radio programs such as the Kerrnag radio station that works with the same companies due to the same distribution of kerrang magazine.

For all these reasons i have decided that the most appropriate distributor for my magazine would be Bauer. My magazine is very similar to the style and context of Kerrang magazine which is a very large music magazine distributed by Bauer media group. I think by using Bauer and how successful Kerrang has become, my magazine could become just as successful. Even though its very similar to Kerrang, and people wont want to read the same things, it has its own twist with the download festival that means all interviews inside will be exclusive to my magazine, Downloader.

No comments:

Post a Comment