Friday 15 April 2016

Evaluation question 4

 Who would be the audience for your media product?


To find the target audience i was going for i used a website called 'UK' tribes'. This website outlined my target audience as 'ALTs' which i wrote about in my audience profile. The music my audience listens to is rock/metal/alternative which is a very wide range. Because of the wide range of music it comes with a wide age range, about 16-60. This is because the 'alternative' groups are more younger people who are new to the scene, where as the rock groups are more for the older ages as this was abut when they where young themselves. As this age range is too wide for a magazine, i needed to get a more specific target audience. I decided to go for the younger audience because i feels that they can connect more with the artists of new or young bands, they are more likely to be interested in concerts and are more likely to purchase a magazine in general. The age range that my magazine is now aimed at is 14-25. This magazine is largely based on lively people who enjoy going to concerts and festivals- considering my magazine is based on a music festival. I decided to stop the age range at 25 because many people over that age will be more interested the bands they listened to when they where younger and maybe less interested in new bands, whereas younger people have their own generation of new music as it has changed a lot even though it still falls under the same music category. Younger people may also still be interested in some of the older bands through there parents. The genre of my music and magazine within is rock/alternative, this means the magazine will focus on the characters within the crowd which like to get inspiration of the clothing they wear, their hair styles they choose or just the way they act and their personality. Although there are many rock magazines out here such as 'rocksound', my magazine focuses on the download festival and only the bands that have played there in the past year or upcoming year. This lets the audience know who to expect in the new year and why they should go see them at the festival. My chosen price is £3.99 which i think is a reasonable price for a monthly magazine. I did market research and the majority of people from my target audience said they would definitely willing to spend this price on a festival magazine.

The following two audience profiles, which fit in with a lot of my target audience research and are both potential consumers of my new basics magazine. I also asked the two individuals a few questions regarding my new magazine. Such as "Would you be willing to purchase a new magazine which enters the music magazine market?", "How much would you be willing to spend on a music magazine?", "What are your favorite artists".



Name: Isobel Moulding 

Age: 17

Interests: Music festivals/ gigs/concerts, rock/alternative music.


Favourite brands/ shops: Voodoo, Quirk, H&M and blue banana.



Magazines followed: NME

Favourite artists: Hollywood Undead, paramore, Pierce the veil and suicide silence.


Profession/ occupation: Isobel is currently studying in year 12 and will be taking her AS'.


Would you be willing to purchase a new magazine that enters the music magazine market? "Yes i would definitely give it a try if it was different and includes artists and features I would be interested in".

How much would you be willing to spend on a music magazine? "I would be willing to spend around £5 for a new magazine if it was monthly and about £3 if its weekly as its upcoming and im not too sure if I would like 

it".

What artists would you like to be featured within the magazine? "I would love to see any of my favorite bands in the magazine as well as new bands because i love finding new people to listen to."





Name: Callum Bird

Age: 17

Interests: Music festivals/ gigs/concerts, rock/alternative music.


Favourite brands/ shops: 



Magazines followed: NME, Kerrang and rocksound


Favourite artists: Tonight alive, Pvris, Bullet for my valentine and Zebrahead


Profession/ occupation: Callum is currently a year 13 student taking an A level in mechanics.


Would you be willing to purchase a new magazine that enters the music magazine market? "Yeah, i love to hear abound new and old bands. I go to a lot of concerts as well so i like to hear about new ones coming up".

How much would you be willing to spend on a music magazine? "The magazines i currently buy are around £2.99, but they are weekly. So for a monthly magazine i think id pay about £4
".

What artists would you like to be featured within the magazine? "I really don't mind. I love so many different bands and music types within this genera that i'm up for anything."

No comments:

Post a Comment